Cherokee Christian Academy offers a before/after school program called “GrowthCare” to assist those parents who need to drop off their children early (7:15 a.m.) or pick up their children late (up to 6:00 p.m.). GrowthCare personnel provide a well supervised, protected, and nurturing environment.
The morning session begins in the gymnasium, where students may socialize, read, or engage in mild physical activity such as basketball. We breakout to the playground from about 8:00 a.m. until 8:25 a.m. when we line up to go into the classrooms. The afternoon session will meet in a designated area for periods of structured homework and unstructured recreation. A snack is also provided in the afternoon.
Fees (per child)
- Morning service (7:15 to 8:00 am): $5.00 per day
- Afternoon service:
- Minimum fee of $6.00 for any use between 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – an additional $6.00, rounded up to the nearest whole hour
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – an additional $6.00, rounded up to the nearest whole hour
- After 6:00 p.m. – $1.00 for each minute late
No pre-registration is needed for occasional usage.
We register students into GrowthCare at the time of service. When GrowthCare is needed, inform your child or call the school and let the front desk know you need your child placed into GrowthCare. The front desk will notify your child’s teacher to send him/her directly to GrowthCare. In cases in which you know you will use GrowthCare on a continual basis, please fill out a registration form.