Learning Differences Program
The BRIDGE is a collaborative program between the classroom teacher, the service providers, and the parents that is designed to serve children with learning differences. Communication is critical. The BRIDGE is structured in a way that maximizes individualized instruction, and minimizes classroom interruption; therefore, direct instruction within the program occurs during the subject block for each grade level whenever possible.
Program Director, Mrs. Kelli Mittrucker, is well qualified to lead the program:
- BS and MEd, Special Education
- Special Education Teacher, Preschool-3rd grade for 9 years
- Educational Diagnostician for 2 years
- Kindergarten Teacher for 6 years (3 years at CCS)
- Orton Gillingham/Multi-sensory Education Trained
The following Program Framework will serve as a guide to your initial engagement as well as the ongoing communication you can expect from The BRIDGE throughout the school year:
- Week 1
- Initial student assessment to determine specific instructional needs
- Classroom observations by director
- Week 2
- Continue classroom observations
- Develop initial draft of individualized plan of instruction
- Schedule parent meetings to review instruction plan draft and finalize for implementation
- Week 3
- Initiate instruction plan
Weekly communications will commence with grade-level teacher reporting on the student’s progress, suggestions for classroom modifications, and upcoming instructional focus. Quarterly Written Progress Reports and scheduled parent conferences upon request are also available.
- Fees will range from $350 – $400 per month, depending upon the student’s individualized plan of instruction.
Click here to request additional information.