We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
Accordingly, based on Scripture we believe:
- That the Bible, being inspired by God, is therefore infallible, inerrant, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and life.
- In the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, the same substance, equal in power and glory.
- That Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who became man, lived a perfect life free of sin, and died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation.
- That salvation is sovereignly granted by God on the basis of Christ’s work on the cross and is received by men through repentance and faith.
- That God’s Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- That Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, ascended to the Father, and as King of kings and Lord of lords, actively rules over His creation.
- That Jesus Christ shall return personally, visibly, and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
Furthermore, in light of the current cultural debate on human sexuality, we believe:
- That the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman and that God has commanded that no sexual activity be engaged in outside this marriage.
- That any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, or attempt to alter one’s gender is a sinful perversion of God’s gift of human sexuality.
Read our full Doctrinal Statement.