Beliefs & Doctrine
Biblical foundations for education
What we believe…
We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
Accordingly, based on Scripture we believe:
- That the Bible, being inspired by God, is therefore infallible, inerrant, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and life.
- In the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, the same substance, equal in power and glory.
- That Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who became man, lived a perfect life free of sin, and died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation.
- That salvation is sovereignly granted by God on the basis of Christ’s work on the cross and is received by men through repentance and faith.
- That God’s Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- That Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, ascended to the Father, and as King of kings and Lord of lords, actively rules over His creation.
- That Jesus Christ shall return personally, visibly, and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
Regarding gender, marriage, and the family, we believe:
- God created Adam and Eve, the first human beings, in his own image, equal before God as persons, and distinct in gender as male and female.
- As those who bear the image of God, both men and women have dignity and value as human beings and should be treated as such.
- Gender distinctions between male and female reflect God’s original creation design and are meant for human good and human flourishing.
- The genetic differences between male and female, resulting in different reproductive structures, are integral to God’s design for our identity as male or female.
- Therefore, our identity as male or female should be defined by God’s holy purposes in creation and redemption as revealed in Scripture.
- God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood or adoption.
- Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman, exclusively to one another, in covenant commitment for a lifetime.
- It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel for sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race.
- Sin distorts sexual desires by directing them away from the marriage covenant and toward sexual immorality— a distortion that includes both heterosexual and homosexual immorality.
- Therefore, it is sinful to approve of homosexual immorality or transgenderism and that such approval constitutes an essential departure from Christian faithfulness and witness.