Learn about our application process.
Before you apply…
Are you a good fit for Cherokee Christian Schools? Are we a good fit for you? These two fundamental questions that need to be answered in an employment process… and the sooner the better! That is why we have set up this “preapplication” step. Prior to having you to invest time filling out a detailed application, we respectfully request that complete the Employment Preapplication Affirmation below. Thank you for your interest in CCS!
Employment Pre-Application Affirmation
At Cherokee Christian Schools (“CCS”), all school faculty, staff, students, and families covenant with each other regarding their shared core Christian beliefs. While the school is an independent, non-denominational school, it is mission-driven and centered upon a statement of belief and a theological doctrinal statement that reflects a shared core conviction among our entire community. Our mutual commitment to CCS’s statement of belief and its Doctrinal Statement govern all aspects of our Christian educational ministry and life together as a Christian school community, as well our operations and our business organization. Subscribing to CCS’s Statement of Belief and Doctrinal Statement is, therefore, a prerequisite to employment, as well as an ongoing qualification for continued employment.
We recognize that not everyone shares our beliefs or subscribes to the principles stated in our Doctrinal Statement. If a prospective applicant is unable to subscribe to both the Statement of Belief and the Doctrinal Statement, there is no point in further pursuing employment opportunities, as subscribing to the beliefs and principles stated in these documents is a bonafide occupational qualification for all employment positions at CCS and a prerequisite to undertaking any employment with our school. Before pursuing potential employment with CCS, we ask all prospective applicants to review CCS’s Statement of Belief and Doctrinal Statement and determine whether they could subscribe to both fully and without reservation.
Given your interest in prospective employment with CCS, we ask you to review the Statement of Belief and Doctrinal Statement linked below and respond to the short questionnaire at the end of this document.
Statement of Belief & Doctrinal Statement
We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
Accordingly, based on Scripture we believe:
- That the Bible, being inspired by God, is therefore infallible, inerrant, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and life.
- In the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, the same substance, equal in power and glory.
- That Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who became man, lived a perfect life free of sin, and died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation.
- That salvation is sovereignly granted by God on the basis of Christ’s work on the cross and is received by men through repentance and faith.
- That God’s Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- That Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, ascended to the Father, and as King of kings and Lord of lords, actively rules over His creation.
- That Jesus Christ shall return personally, visibly, and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
Regarding gender, marriage, and the family, we believe:
- God created Adam and Eve, the first human beings, in his own image, equal before God as persons, and distinct in gender as male and female.
- As those who bear the image of God, both men and women have dignity and value as human beings and should be treated as such.
- Gender distinctions between male and female reflect God’s original creation design and are meant for human good and human flourishing.
- The genetic differences between male and female, resulting in different reproductive structures, are integral to God’s design for our identity as male or female.
- Therefore, our identity as male or female should be defined by God’s holy purposes in creation and redemption as revealed in Scripture.
- God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood or adoption.
- Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman, exclusively to one another, in covenant commitment for a lifetime.
- It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel for sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race.
- Sin distorts sexual desires by directing them away from the marriage covenant and toward sexual immorality— a distortion that includes both heterosexual and homosexual immorality.
- Therefore, it is sinful to approve of homosexual immorality or transgenderism and that such approval constitutes an essential departure from Christian faithfulness and witness.
Regarding the sanctity of human life, we believe:
- Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Therefore, the practice of abortion is contrary to the will of God and violates His commandments.
- Innocent human life is to be respected and protected from the moment of conception to natural death.
Regarding church affiliation, we believe:
- All true Christians are called to gather regularly with other believers in faithful, doctrinally orthodox local churches for the purpose of corporate worship, discipleship, accountability, and mutual fellowship.
- The health and vitality of our school community is directly tied to that of the churches with which our school families are affiliated.
- We are obligated to protect our school community from harmful influences and ideologies emanating from churches and/or church leaders who compromise or deny core tenets of orthodox, biblical Christian faith and practice.
I hereby affirm that:
1) I recognize and understand that Cherokee Christian Schools is a nondenominational, Christian covenantal educational ministry where school administration, faculty, staff, students, and school families agree with each other to subscribe and abide by a shared set of biblical and theological principles that govern all aspects of our school community and the operation of our educational ministry, as well as their own personal lives.
2) I have carefully read, prayerfully considered, and fully understand the foregoing Statement of Belief and Doctrinal Statement, which are attached to this document. Having done so, I hereby represent that I am in agreement, without reservation, with both the Statement of Belief and Doctrinal Statement.
3) I am a practicing Christian believer, who is either a member of, or regularly attends, a biblically orthodox Christian church. I live my personal life in accord with the moral and biblical principles stated in the Statement of Belief and the Doctrinal Statement.
4) If offered employment by CCS in the future, I intend to indicate my assent to, and concurrence with, the Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Statement by appending my signature to a copy of each document as part of the onboarding process.
By affixing my name as my signature below, I am affirming the truth of the preceding four statements and request an application for employment at Cherokee Christian Schools.