Opportunities at Cherokee Christian
Thank you for your interest in working for Cherokee Christian Schools (CCS). We are committed to providing a premier scholastic experience that encompasses superior academics taught from a distinctly biblical worldview. Our faithfulness in delivering on that commitment depends upon the depth of Christian character and educational expertise of our faculty and staff. For example, a teacher shall:
- Faithfully attend, financially support and be a member in good standing of a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith of this school
- Believe the Bible is God’s Word and the standard for faith and daily living and agree to accept and adhere to the school board’s interpretation of biblical standard of my behavior in all areas.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, and be certified or qualified for certification
- Demonstrate characteristics of a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions recognizing that the need to be representing Christ in all circumstances, whether in school or out.
- Be willing and able to mentor and build relationships with students.
- Be organized in planning, utilizing the quarterly, semester and annual plans and objectives
- Be willing and able to use creative means to engage students in all subjects
- Be willing to place his/her teaching ministry ahead of other jobs or volunteer activities
- Be willing to submit to and demonstrate loyalty to the constituted authorities
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality
- Be capable of utilizing the required technology within the classroom, including the use of Schoology, projectors, and other computer related tasks once training is provided
Elementary teachers should be proficient in teaching:
- English /Grammar
Middle School and High School teachers should be proficient in one or more subjects, i.e. math and science, Bible and History, English and History.
*Teaching experience preferred.
If you are interested in applying at CCS, first take a few minutes to read our Statement of Faith. Then, use the links to below to download our application and background check form. Fill them out and submit them to:
Cherokee Christian Schools
3075 Trickum Road
Woodstock, GA 30188